06 May 2010

Aprons and skirts


This week has been a busy week for Little Cooties, as I have been concentrating on Lady Cooties clothes.

Two wrap skirts, a brown circle skirt for my mother as a present for mothers day, and a bright apron have kept me busy and sewing, cutting, measuring, ironing and generally hoping not to make any  mistakes.....












 
I am happy to report that I became part of the Great 2010 Apron Swap!! YAY Someone pulled out which meant that I was able to join and have a partner to make and send a lovely apron to. My partner is Bianca from BusyBsewBiz, we have spoken about what we like and I was pointed to a GREAT website for vintage patterns which I have been drooling at for a while.... So I have spent a part of the week on this project and have loved the process and am also nervous about whether it will be a) loved and b) worn. 
here is a sneak peak.... 



I have also been busily making two skirts based on the wrap skirt I made last week. I love the fabrics my client has chosen, and I can't wait to finish them and send them off. 



I have nearly finished the pop art skirt, which is longer on the denim side than the fingers side. And hope to finish the second one by mid next week.

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirts. They look great. I also absolutely LOVE the 50's style aprons. Gorgeous! Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a 50's style waist to go with the aprons, and dresses they used to wear!

    ReplyDelete

so creative!