Wow, I feel humbled that I was awarded a Kreativ Blogger award by my market mate Beky from Pivotal Xpressions!
Thanks Beky! I feel like I should be on my knees chanting "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"
I first met Beky in August at our first ever market - Made n Thornbury. We were both nervous while we waited for the doors to open and set our first stall up, and to my surprise, I found that we were next to each other in the hall. So since then, I have followed her emerging business, and wonderful blog, and look forward to our next market together which will be at Northside Makers Market.
So on to the award.....
The deal with this award is that you have to spread the love around!
To keep it growing I have to follow 7 rules:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and
3) link to their blog.
4) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
5) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
6) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
7) Notify your 7 bloggers.
Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
1. I only started sewing in April of 2009.
2. I watched a youtube video to learn how to make my first dress.
3. I used to make jewellery in silver and gold.
4. Some of my work was shown at the National Gallery of Victoria, including eating disorder brooches, and a latex with silver nipple bra which was a comment on plastic surgery and boob jobs.
5. I've gone off chocolate, and I really miss it :( I think I od'ed after I had my second child, and now my taste buds don't want it, even though my head does.
6. I love speaking in pig latin, and am constantly surprised that not more people know how to speak it! My sister and I always converse it when we don't want the kids or the hubbies to understand us!
7. I'm so glad that I was able to breastfeed my children, and so proud that they thrived for so many months purely surviving on what my body provided. It always amazed me that my milk enabled them to gain weight, grow teeth, fingernails, hair and allowed them to be healthy little babies.
Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
i'm going to cheat on this one, as i don't follow too many blogs, so only 6 for me
Well, just because Beky gave me the award does not mean that I can't give it back? I really love Beky's blog, it is always an interesting read, and I love to see where she gets her inspiration from. It's wonderful also to follow her journey through her blog.
Kathreen send out a weekly newsletter that I await eagerly on the weekends. She always has something interesting to look at, great links to tutorials, and has created a fantastic calendar featuring some great creative people and products.
Buttons by LouLou
I met Louise through the Australian Breastfeeding Association.
She lives a few blocks from me, and i only recently found out that she was a fellow crafter when we were both at the Made n Thornbury market in August 2009As well as having two beautiful boys, she makes gorgeous fabric covered buttons, amongst other things, and her blog is so interesting to go through. Lots of interesting posts not just about buttons. She has been featured in magazines, and has products all over Melbourne. A very inspiring and busy mother and crafter!
Cathie not only makes DELICIOUS food, but is also a great photographer. I am not sure where she finds the time or energy to be as productive as she is!
Her food is great, and her blog is beautiful to look as as well as to follow. I know when I take a look, my eyes will be rewarded.
Angus and Celeste
I came across these lovely items at the Rose Street Market, and I fell in love with their bracelets. I intend to be wearing one of them before too long! i think their blog is a newbie, and i look forward to seeing what else they create and what inspires them.
Michele has a great blog. A great read and i really love her "Hot and Not Wednesday" Posts, where she posts about the hot and not so hot things in her life during the week. She talks about food, craft, people and creating. Really a great read!
So again, thanks Beky for the award! and please feed the fish :)