04 May 2011

My creative space - Cushions

I'm making cushions this week, some for my caravan and one special one for the 2011 Cushion Swap.

They are both very different to each other and I can't wait to see the finished results.

Here is a little teaser for the cushion swap hosted by Vic













 
And here are the caravan seat cushions.


The outdated and poor condition original ones seat cushions



I unpicked them to get fabric measurements, and found the original foam was a bit on the dead side.



And the new ones currently on the machine.

Our bed side will be denim













and the other side is a cream vinyl with red border (to match the curtains).





I wasn't sure how my sewing machine would cope, but it's done really well.

Stay tuned for the finished product, and take a look here for more crafty people

3 comments:

  1. I'm always surprised by what my sewing machine can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those new cushions are going to look so funky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a big cushion project! Hope it's a success!

    ReplyDelete

so creative!